We love boots just as much as any of our friends do. When it comes it to the best handmade boots, the love grows more so! Oxford shoes and loafers are so mainstream, the head hurts. Diverting from that, handmade boots are a breath of fresh air.
It adds a touch of self to your outfit and tells us a little bit about yourself. About how you like a well-crafted piece to elevate your impact.
Without giving you any more knowledge regarding personality and fashion, we would like to talk about boots. Here are our top 3.
- 1 Top 3 Product Reviews on the Best Handmade Boots
- 2 Buying Guide for Best Handmade Boots
- 3 Final Words
Top 3 Product Reviews on the Best Handmade Boots
Take a look at the best handmade boots according to us, you like most, I think.
1. Brunello’s Silverado Men’s Boot – Best Handmade Boots
Looking for the best western boots that can be customized into two distinctive designs with just one bootstrap?
Brunello’s Silverado is your answer. Yeah, the piece comes with an extractible strap that allows you to either use it or leave it out, for a strapless, unsupported design.
As a matter of convenience, it comes in a low-cut style; love it?
So, just slide your feet in and you’re done. While this may be a sign of the 21st-century comfort that we try to find in everything, it is modern yet has a traditional vibe to it.
Their main aim, as they say, is to provide you with the oft-sought mix of comfort, design, and quality that we look for in shoes.
The raw material used in the making of the boots is Bovine leather. For better grip, the outer sole of the shoe has rubber besides leather. On the other hand, the inner sole is plain old leather, but one that is comfortable.
And, you will gain a 2-inch increase in height with its heels.
About the sizing, you may have a little difficulty if you do not follow their instructions for finding the right size for yourself. Because as they have recommended, you should find a size that is 0.05-1 size lesser than your usual shoe size. So if you are a number 12, number 11.5 may fit you right. Anything except the usual, less or more (in case you have wider feet).
So let us herefrom take a glance at the pros and cons of the shoe:
- Made in Brazil by one of the best boot producers of the country.
- Proper sizing chart to meet customer’s confusion.
- Excellent craftsmanship.
- Great fit on your feet.
- Great value for money.
- Looks stunning and feels super comfy.
- A sturdy pair that will last you long.
- The leather felt like “vinyl” to a few someones.
2. Handmade Cognac Patina Dress Ankle High Boots For Men
Do you like things made on custom-order, just for you?
Then this pair from Heaven Leathers should be your go-to. You will not ready pairs of shoes right in their stock. Rather, you will have to have it ordered and made for you, personally. They take 15-20 days to make your shoe of choice.
But if you do not mind sharing your taste with the commoners, they might just have something ready for you. And no, do not take those lightly. They are just as good, if not better!
As they like to put it, they use natural products to make their shoes and each piece is individual. The thing with handcrafted or handmade items has always been its individuality. A similar case is the shoes from Heaven Leathers.
In the making of the product, they use one hundred percent cowhide leather for the upper area. For the inner lining, they like to use full leather. The sole of the shoe is also made of leather. But that is a softer leather. The making of the shoe is very sturdy and this may be why it looks a little heavier than you would like yet it feels comfortable.
Another good thing that you will find about this particular product is that it is unisex. So although we are charting here shoes for men, these handmade leather boots can be shared and will look good on both genders.
All in all, this is a traditionally-sewn, handmade that has some good and bad sides. Let us a look at both sides:
- The leather is a rich brown and is extremely soft.
- The shoe looks very attractive.
- Works wonders in rough weathers and dries off well.
- Strapping the boot is also easy and swift.
- The shoes look less premium and more home-made.
- The stitching could have been better.
- The mirror polish on the shoes may be damaged by corrosive substances.
3. Hand Stitched Leather Serape Moccasin Boots
If you didn’t know, Moccasins are made from really soft leathers. The soles of a mocassin are made using unworked leather and the one-piece side leather is stitched at the top forming the shape of the letter U.
If you are someone who enjoys heels on their boots, this one is not for you. This is because it is often void of heels, but you know the manufacturer we are talking about here? They do customize pieces.
Cut by the hand, punched using the hands and even stitched by the hands. So yes, inside-out a handmade boot for you. And you will be pleased to know that they use your actual foot measurements to make the shoes, given that you provide them the measurements.
The best quality leather is used in making their products, as they say, and a wholesome handcrafted environment is maintained such that you will not see sewing machines in their facility. So you might see a wee bit flaws here and there. But trust us, they add more definition and depth to the look. A few simple tools and made with passionate hands!
To Beautify the look of their shoes, even more, they use colorful little pieces of thread and cotton, as well as wool. This incorporated with the design of the shoe gives it a hundred times more traditional look and adds to the charmingness of it. This is the most colorful one we are talking about in these 3 reviews on the best handmade boots that we showed here today.
Now about what we liked and disliked regarding this pair of handmade boots:
- Feels super relaxing.
- Has a vibrant look.
- Made using high-quality leather (and smells like that too).
- Unique pieces that can accentuate your outfit.
- Made according to measurements.
- Durable shoes that will last you long.
- You might see little flaws here and there on the shoe itself.
Buying Guide for Best Handmade Boots
There are some things that you should know when you are buying handmade boots. They include the following:
- You should first put your focus on the outer material of the boots. In case it is poorly built or has materials that are not very strong and durable, the whole purpose of buying the boots will be defeated. Sometimes, the skins are tanned with special salts makes a good boot material. Genuine leather might not be something you want to look for in your shoes, because oftentimes they are unable to keep dust away. A premium-quality leather should be dark, have good width and should help to design a piece that is glossy and smooth.
- Next is, the interior of the handmade boots. The lining of the interior of the handmade boots can be made from cloth. The interior can also be made from softer leather than the one on the exterior, as has been shown in of the boots in our review. You can buy handmade boots that are breathable, like the mocassin ones we mentioned at last, or you can buy boots that trap the moisture in and keep your feet warm.
- Again, you have two different possibilities here. You can go for an option where you can choose leather soles for your pair. Or you can go for rubber. Rubber gives you a better grip on the grounds. But it can look just as good as a leather-soled boot. The rubber ones have to be occasionally changed.
- You can also take a look at the height of the boots. Do you want them to cover your ankles? Do you want them to rise above your ankles, or do you want a pair that lurks just below? Your call.
Also, try to maintain your boots well by cleaning them off the dirt whenever you return home from the outside. It doesn’t just keep your shoe closet clean, it keeps your shoe cleaner and no more smelly-feet! Also, use a leather conditioner to keep them that way and polish them often.
Ah, the love of boots! If you liked our reviews on the best handmade boots, don’t forget to check out the pairs.
If you are a funky, fun person who loves a dash of color in their shoes and overall outfit, go for the mocassins. And if you plan on doing a tough job, go for the boots we recommended second on the list. And lastly, for style and comfort, choose the sturdy one at the top of the list. Or just mix and match for yourself!