As an aquarium lover, do you find your tank look empty with only a school of fish? Then some trees there can solve this problem of emptiness. When thinking of installing trees inside a fishbowl, silk leaves are thousand times better than all.
Why are we advocating for the plastic roots? It is because, as fake, they last unbelievably longer, add incredible beauty to the water tank and above all saves your valuable dollars as you can use the same items year after year.
But do you find yourself struggling to find the best artificial aquarium plants within your budget? Here our experts brought their list of 5 best artificial aquarium plants.
Smoothedo-Pets Aquarium Artificial Decorations (7.8 inches tall)
- Size as Picture Show and Annotation.Main Tree Tall 7.8inch/Long 13inch.With 20pcs*Mini Grass and 2pcs Large Grass.
- The product uses gypsum/polyethylene/plastic/environment-friendly pigment with stable properties. Under normal circumstances, there will be no discoloration.
- Because it's a brand new product that uses pigment coloring and is shipped sealed in small boxes. So there will be a slight smell. Thanks for your understanding. After washing and ventilating with warm water, the smell will disappear in a short time.
- Due to the particularity of the goods, they may be damaged in transit. If you receive damaged goods, please contact us and we guarantee a full refund or replacement.
- We also have other kinds of aquarium decoration products for sale.Like artificial water plants of various colors and sizes,Artificial stone rockery and artificial driftwood.
The manufacturer that tops our experts’ list is Smoothedo-Pets. Definitely, they are one of the renowned producers who have some wonderful and matchless notes in making fake trees that must convince your taste and preference. For example, the trees we are talking about are made from some authentic materials like gypsum and plastic, which are extremely environment friendly.
With 20 pcs, though you wouldn’t like to use them all at a time, the aquarium will always look full, decorated and attractive. At the same time, these trees with their varied sizes will help the fish swim well, play well and most importantly live well.
When opening the box for the first time, sadly, it might smell odd because of being used some pigment coloring and boxed for days. Nevertheless, considering all its benefits, you must find this incredible tool lovely for its creating an eye-catching view of your aquarium. Besides, as these trees are absolutely healthy for the beings inside, you can go for them without thinking twice.
Dimensions: 12.83×10.63×3.54inches must be easily portable and feasible in all tanks.
Lightweight: All the 20 pcs of trees altogether weigh only 1.12 pounds, so you are never to worry about the aquarium to be damaged by the pressure of them.
Materials: 100% eco-friendly plastic and wood that ensure the products’ quality, purity of the water and importantly safety of the fish
- Both medium and large size trees maintain a nice balanced look of the aquarium
- Color durability is guaranteed, no matter how long the plants are used
- The soft and flexible branches pose neither any troubles nor threats for the fish’s swim or living
- As bonsai shape, these trees might be too small for extra-large tanks
BEGONDIS Artificial Aquarium Plants(Suitable for All Fish)
- GORGEOUS COLOR --- The Life-like BEGONDIS soft plastic water plant is made from a vibrant bright color. The color will not fade.
- NATURAL ENVIRONMENT --- Your fish will enjoy the environment that these plants provide. They can swim and hide through the leaves of this soft plastic water plant. ????
- ARTIFICIAL TREE SET --- Decorate your aquarium looks like naturual forest.
- 25 PIECES PER PACK --- 25 x Aquarium Soft Plastic Plants.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL--- It is made of eco-friendly and durable resin material. Good for both freshwater or saltwater environments.
As your search is for the best fake aquarium plants, this aquarium by Begondis at no. 2 of our list might come with all that you need. The best and unparalleled feature of this manufacturer is that you can insert these trees into the tank without worrying about the kind of the fish, i.e. they are safe for all kinds of trees.
Though made from plastic materials, they are fully safe for the animals in the aquarium, equally healthy for other pets. So, one of its strengths is its safety for all animals. Moreover, its color is evergreen because it is made from a vibrant bright color that will never fade away.
You may find here the best tropical aquarium plants as these are made with resin materials that can successfully sustain in saltwater environments.
Though, in the beginning, these trees might seem a little bit hard, they will gradually be soft and flexible enough after being soaked for some time.
Dimensions: 12.64×9.96×3.31inches shape and size makes these trees usable in all fishbowls
Lightweight: With 2.51 pounds weight, these trees always stay in positions tolerating all the pressure of the fish and waves
Materials: Plastic, but 100% eco-friendly and creates no threats for lives
- Washing and cleaning at regular intervals, these fake plants can be used years after years
- No matter how long they are used in water, the color remains the same all the time
- With their fantastic color and texture, your aquarium looks like a real forest
- Because of their hard nature in the early hours, they might slightly be troublesome for the fish
Otterly Pets Fish (Vibrant Colors and Decorations)
- 4 PREMIUM LIFELIKE AQUARIUM DECORATIONS - Vibrant Colors will transform your finsh tank into a Beatiful Showcase
- ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE - Our non-toxic aquatic plants are made from inert non-metallic plastic with a ceramic base. This means that they are free from rust and rot, do not affect the PH or water chemistry and related conditions in your tank, and are perfectly safe for your fish allowing them to swim and play without worry.
- FOR LARGER TANKS - The plant ornaments range in height from 4 to 12 inches, making them a great fit for 20 gallon tanks and larger.
- WEIGHTED PEDESTALS - Each plant is weighted down with a reliably solid and stable ceramic base, which prevents the plants from floating around in your fish tank. The leafy parts of the plants are removable from the pedestal for cleaning as needed.
- LOW MAINTENANCE AND LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Unlike live plants, our artificial plants don't need specialized fertilizer, lighting, carbon dioxide, or nutritious substrates. They won't grow too large, die, become tattered and unattractive, or introduce any foreign and harmful pests into your tank. They don't need any pruning and will continually add beauty to your aquarium while also providing your fish with a comforting shelter. Backed by Otterly Pets Legendary No-Hassle Lifetime Guarantee.
Another famous name is Otterly Pets, which produces the best plants for fish tanks. As an aquarium lover, you must choose this manufacturer for some obvious and authentic reasons. First of all, unlike most of its competitors, these artificial roots and branches never interfere with the pH level of water. So, the water inside is always pure and safe.
When you have these trees, you are free from all worries about the size of your tank. With their 4 to 20 inches height, these trees fit well in all small to large tanks. Adding to that, the whole aquarium stands like a wonderful showcase having these beautifully colored trees inside.
Another unique aspect is their ceramic built base. Consequently, all the plants are weighted down reliably and stably, which prevents the plants from floating around in the tank.
Dimensions: With 12x11x2.5inches covering capacity, any fish bowls can be decorated with these trees
Lightweight: Though built with ceramic base, its average weight is only 1.4 pounds
Materials: Plastic but inert and non-metallic, which harms neither the water nor the fish
- Having the mind-blowing variation of four premium colors, these trees have incredible ability to decor the tank
- Its non-metallic plastic drives away all the possibilities of its being rusted or rotted, which gives them an unbelievable longevity
- Don’t need any kind of outside substances for their proper health or safety
- Unexpectedly, a branch or two may come out of their position, but can easily be joined again too
OrgMemory Fish Decorations (29pcs, 12-30cm)
- 29pcs Multiple colors artificial plants, add life to your aquarium fish tank, enhances the beauty for your aquarium
- Soft won't scratch fishes, plant will swing with the water which looks real, could be planted in freshwater or seawater
- Material: Plastic plants and ceramic base; Non-toxic, safe for fish
- The plant ornaments range in height 10 - 30cm
- Note: Plastic plants maybe squeezed or deformation during shipping, put into 104 - 140F warm water get restored
In case you have been longing for a product that would simultaneously work both in fresh water and sea water, your chosen product is here. OrgMemory produces the best plants for freshwater and also seawater aquariums. But its non-toxic materials don’t make any reactions in the water or harm the living beings.
As all the 29pcs of trees are made from eco-friendly pvc materials, especially with ceramic weighted base, they stay in the positions where you exactly place them until and unless you make any change. So, neither do these fake stems harm the water nor do they hamper the natural living of the fish.
If you are thinking that your lovely fish would get hurt while touching the plastic, you are making a mistake. Though plastic made, these plants are so soft that they swing with the water. So, the fish are always safe while swimming or playing through the leaves.
Dimensions: With their 12.6×7.87×2.36inches size, these leaves fit almost in all tanks
Lightweight: Comparatively a little bit heavier, accurately 1.98 pounds, but this extra weight helps the structure stay controlled
- With their multiple colors, the simple glass-aquarium looks like a lively forest, which, as you are an aesthetic lover, must win your mind
- All kinds of fish can be reared as the leaves, roots or branches don’t scratch them
- With 10 to 30cm height, the ornaments are able to decor aquarium of all sizes
- The squeezed branches or plants need 104 to 140F warm water, which sometimes would be bothering for you
CousDUoBe 30 Perfect Match (5.2” – 15.7”) Aquarium Plants
- 30 artificial plants, various sizes and different colors, perfectly matched, suitable for the whole set of Aquarium decoration.
- Material: Made of environmentally friendly PVC plastic and ceramic base, no rust, no decay, no fading, and no influence on the pH value in water.
- Note: Artificial plants may be squeezed and deformed during transportation, put into 104-140 F warm water get restored. (Please rinse with water and soak for a while before use)
- The soft Artificial plants will not scratch the fish, and the plants will sway along with the waves, which is very realistic and suitable for fresh water or sea water.
- Package includes: 30 artificial plants, 14 different models, various sizes (5.2 "-15.7")
Our list ends with CousDUosBe, a trusted name in the world of artificial aquarium plants. Your right choice of picking up some strands of this set of 30 pcs, the fishbowl would look perfectly matched, suitable for the whole decoration. Surely, you love the fish, but a nicely decorated aquarium is also your priority.
When you possess these fake plants, neither can any rust nor can any damage touch the tank. So, the aquarium with all its things is ever colorful and attractive. At the same time, fish and other lives like snails are always safe and healthy. You need not worry about beauty and safety as well.
The plants of CousDUoBe are artificial-true. But they are not any less soft and safe than the natural trees. As a result, the branches or stems never scratch the fish. Rather they sway along with the waves, which is extremely realistic and suitable for the fish.
Dimensions: 15.39×12.6×3.86inches shape can be carried and placed so easily
Lightweight: Don’t be scared of its 2.47 pound weight; which rather holds the trees tightly in position
Materials: Plastic; which makes these unreal plants work longer, safer and cheaper
- Eco-friendly materials maintain the purity of the water and ensure safety of the beings inside
- Offering most number of plants, i.e. 30pcs and 14 models, these trees beautify the aquarium colorfully
- Can be used both in fresh and sea water
- When using for the first time, these trees would be tricky to make a good combination of size and color
Artificial Plants vs. Real Plants For Aquarium
Scrutinizing all the relevant key issues, the debate ‘artificial plants vs. real plants for aquariums’, sounds unmatched. It is at present an undeniable fact that the first one is far better, safer and most importantly cheaper than its counterpart. How? Zoom in on the matters below.
First of all, how early do real plants rot! You cannot but replace them every week. Surely, it’s time consuming and, sadly, hampering for the fish. But when you choose fake ones, the same trees can serve you for years, while they need only some cleaning at times.
Again, have you ever thought of the activities you have to carry on with real trees? You must fertilize them, shape them and take away the broken, rotten leaves, etc. You must not have such leisure! On the contrary, silk leaves give you more rather than taking.
From the aesthetic point of view also, fake trees create more variety and beauty. The water tank with the trees and fish looks like a different world object. But real trees have no such look, except one signature green view.
What do you think?
Plastic vs. Silk Aquarium Plants
Plastic and silk plants are actually two kinds of artificial plants. Both these types are equally popular as substitutes to the real ones. But between them, they have some awesome similarities and, on the other hand, some clear dissimilarities too.
First of all, silk plants give the fish a lucid environment for their natural living and wandering. Comparatively, as plastic plants are a bit hard in nature, they cannot provide much smooth movement of these creatures.
Being soft and fragile, silk trees are not highly durable. But their counterparts are as hard as durable. Consequently, while the first type is to be changed after a short period of time, the other continues adding beauty to the aquarium for years.
So, which one would you like to go for?
How to Clean Silk Aquarium Plants?
To enjoy the most of an aquarium and at the same time maintain the safety of fish and other aquarium kits, you must clean it regularly. Different types of plants require different ways and ingredients to be cleaned. For silk plants, you can follow the techniques below for making the task easy and effective.
Algae growth on the leaves is one of the disturbing matters. So, washing your hands, rub the leaves with your fingers so that the algae get removed. But if you see too much of it, take the trees out of the tank and clean them with a brush. Be careful of the fish to avoid any hazards.
As an alternative, you can soak the tree into a bleach solution for the same purpose. After 4 to 5 minutes, take the tree out and rub it gently to drive away algae and other germs. Before inserting it into the aquarium, don’t forget to soak it again into some clean water.
What Do I Do If My Fish Keep Moving My Artificial Plants?
This may happen when the fish are large or aggressive in nature. As a solution, you have to then fix the base tightly in place. You can replace the driftwood by a sturdy stone, which will pull and protect the trees.
Can I Use Silk Plants In A Saltwater Or Marine Tank?
YES, you can. If it were about real trees, there would be some ifs and buts. As silk or artificial plants are produced, with special materials, to be used in all conditions, they can be used in marine tanks too.
Why Do You Need A Silk Aquarium Plant?
You need a silk plant because it costs less, serves for a longer time, shines up the aquarium so beautifully and above all needs less labor.
Are Silk Plants Bad For Fish?
Not at all. Rather in most cases, they are far better than the real ones.
What’s The Best Material For Artificial Aquarium Plants?
As it ensures a smooth, flexible and most importantly safe surface on the plants, silicone is the best material for artificial aquarium plants.
So, this entire guide attempted to make your choice of picking up the best silk aquarium plants easier and effective. We tried to present both the incredible advances and the limitations of all the manufacturers, so that you can compare them rightly and make the deal a great one!
Later on, for a sound understanding, we answered some relevant questions, which would help make your choice quicker and then use of the product easier.
Rightly, it is truly tough to go for a brand as all of them have got some wonderful features. We hope by making the best comparison and focusing on your demand and desire, you can make the final decision.
Leave a Reply