Suppose you are in charge of decorating your house for Christmas. But you are finding it a bit challenging.
You need to cover the staircase, front door, windows, and the drawing-room. You can not have a blur idea about how you want to decorate and what you need to do the job. Else it can be pretty challenging to pull off the whole thing.
Garlands are one of the essentials for your home decor. Knowing how to handle and decorate your house using garland can make your work a lot easier.
So, let’s learn how to hang garland on banister and give your house a complete makeover.
- 1. 9FT Silk Eucalyptus and Willow Flower Garland :Package includes a 9ft garland. The realistic and natural flowers perfectly blends with eucalyptus leaves and willow, helps to create your Pure White/Natural/Spring/Summer/Winter Wedding .
- 2. Sweetheart Table Centerpiece Garlands：Vines with a durable silk material is 9ft by 14" wide, 6"tall (after fully stretch)，which also have iron wires inside the plastic stems for bending a suitable modeling easily. The size of flowers and leaves are right for presenting harmony. Looks real but won't wilt, fade or easily get damaged.
- 3. Floral Garlands Size Guide: Suitable for a 4ft long sweetheart table: fuller flowers center part on the table with strings of peals succulent hanging at the front, and 2ft garland hanging down on both sides. Or Suitable for 8-9ft head table (using 1 garland), or 24ft splicing long guest table (using 3 garlands). And the fireplace in the picture for reference is 51" wide, 43" tall.
- 4. Lifelike Floral with Hanging Center：Long-enough length and hanging center highlight excellent Head Table/Sweetheart Table. High quality silk leaves, foam flowers in ivory, white, used to fit the White & Sage theme. And natural string of Pearls Succulent as hanging decor, Silk peony as the main flower, dotted with vary filler flower like hydrangea, create a different full layering and sense of romantic. Perfect for your Wedding reception.
- 5. Long Time Preserved：The artificial material makes sure it could be kept for a long time. The Eucalyptus Garland will also be a wonderful gift to express your bless to bride and bridesmaid in their wedding ceremony or reception.
How To Hang Garland On Banister?
Banisters are a great place to hang garlands without much difficulty. The railing will help you tie the garland and make them drape naturally to give your house a more effortless look.
You can use different garlands that can highlight your railing and make them look stunning. After deciding which kind of garland you want, measure the length of the banister to determine how much garland you need.
You can decorate the garland using trinkets, ribbons, and other ornamentation too.
To tie the garlands with the railing, you can use zip ties or plastic wires. Zip ties are quite flexible. They can hold the garland in its place without much difficulty. If your railing is wide and you can not cover the whole area using one zip tie, you can use two zip ties and connect them to make a larger one.
How To Hang Garland On Staircase Banisters
Your staircase is visible for a long time to your guests. So decorating your staircase flawlessly can create a good impression and lift the mood of your visitors as well.
To decorate your staircase, you can use different types of garlands and hang them with your stair railing. You can use a natural garland or a good-quality artificial one.
First, measure the length of your staircase banister and determine how much garland you need. Buy more than the length of your railing so that you don’t fall short of garland while decorating.
After hanging the garland, you can use ribbons and other decorative pieces to make your staircase more beautiful and unique. It is preferable if you start decorating your stair railing from the bottom.
As the bottom area will be the most visible part, you need to be more careful and considerate to make it look flawless. If you fall short of any materials, you can cover them up at the top area of the stair. That will not be that much visible.
How To Hang Garland Around Front Door?
The first thing you have to know to hang garland around your front door is how much garland will cover the whole area. And To determine that, you need to calculate the height and width of your front door.
You can use a measuring tape and measure the outer frame of your front door. Then you need to decide how you will hang the garland around the door frame. You can use hooks, tapes, or garland hangers to attach the garland around the edge.
Start hanging the garland from the center of your door frame after attaching the hooks or nails to the wall or door frame. If you do not hang it from the center, the length of the garland to the two sides of the door might be different, which will not look great.
How To Hang Garland On Mantle?
Your fireplace mantle is one of the places that your guests notice first after entering your house. You can decorate your fireplace Mantle using garland and ornaments.
Also, you can use both artificial and natural garlands to decorate your mantel. But spend your money to own a good quality garland. Cheap garlands will make your decoration look cheap and unattractive.
After finding the perfect garland, you need to hang them securely around your mantel. If you don’t want to damage your mantel, you can use command hooks. These hooks are strong and do not damage your wall while pulling them out. You can also use nails and eye hooks to hang the garlands.
After hanging the garland around your mantel, you need to secure them using wires or ribbons so that they stay in their place. Make sure that all the wires get covered in the garland bush and do not look odd.
How To Hang Garland In Archway?
Covering an arch area with garland is comparatively tricky than covering a straight line or square-shaped area, but it is not impossible. Also, you can create some fantastic designs while covering archways.
First, you need to measure the perimeter of the arched area to determine how much garland you need. Some garlands have sturdy bases. Those garlands are more effective in this type of situation.
Place some hooks along with the perimeter of the arch. The number of hooks you’ll need can vary based on design and the area you need to cover. You will need more hooks than straight lines.
How To Hang Garland Around Window?
To decorate your window with garland, you first need to arrange the garland, trim it, and attach it to the window. It is tough to keep changing the design after attaching the garland to the window. You can hang the garland on the top frame or at the bottom of the window frame.
Drilling the window frame is quite risky and challenging. So, you can opt for non-drilling options. Use a strong adhesive hook or tape to attach the garland.
Command hooks are very effective for windows as they leave no trace behind. You can also create a ribbon loop that will hold the garland with your window frame.
It’s better to be prepared for your holiday events than just throwing some random stuff around your house and hoping it to work out. Knowing how to hang garland on a banister can help you and make you prepared for different types of events.
It will also help you to explore your creativity to create new designs.
So, without any hesitation, let’s get into making your house stunning and welcoming.