So you want to make your living room real with fake plants? Quite a paradoxical situation we have here! But don’t worry in the slightest, as we have our hands on the best fake plants for the living room if you want to add the soothing green element to your living rooms.
You don’t need to worry about the room being too sunny or not sunny enough, too damp or not damp enough, and tens of other things that are required for proper plant growth. For those of us who have a black thumb, pets or kids, here are our top picks and the guide behind the right picking techniques!
Best Artificial Plants for Living Room
Garden Couture Store Artificial Ficus Silk Leaf Tree
- MORE IN EVERY ASPECT: THIS DELUXE 72 Inch Artificial Ficus Tree Has More Silk Leaves, plus Premium Fiddle Leaf Leaves and Tropical Grasses Adorning The Base Of The Tree and a Bigger and Heavier Pot Base for More Stability.
- WIDER TALLER AND HEAVIER: And that’s just the Base we’re talking about! The 8 inch Base is 45% Wider and 50% Heavier to Make it More Stable. This Artificial Fake Ficus Tree Weighs 20.5 lbs Enabling it to Stand on its Own. LIFE LIKE LEAVES: There are 80 More Life Like Ficus Silk Leaves totaling 1,090.
- HOME AND OFFICE: It Requires No Maintenance and is Perfect For Your Home or Office With No Limit To Improving Your Overall Decor. Also Perfect For All Events either Indoor or Outdoor. BEAUTIFUL FINISH: A BONUS Plant Pot Skirt is not only Beautiful, it's Bio Degradable. The 12 inch Wide and Tall 600 GSM Origami styled Plant Pot surround is like Fashion for your Plant Pot, and will complete the Deluxe look in your Home or Office.
- BEAUTIFUL FINISH: A Combination of Premium Fiddle Leaf Leaves and Tropical Grasses have Been Included in The Base Of The Tree. A BONUS Plant Pot Skirt is not only Beautiful, it's Bio Degradable. The 12 inch Wide and Tall 600 GSM Origami styled Plant Pot surround is like Fashion for your Plant Pot will complete the Deluxe look in your Home or Office.
- DELUXE WITH NO MAINTENANCE: This Artificial Ficus Tree is a Beautiful Imitation of the Real Thing and Requires NO Maintenance. A Deluxe Addition to your Home Decor the Indoor Silk Leaf Tree is 72 Inches Tall with 18 feet of Vine Adorning 3 Wide Trunks with a Plant Pot Skirt Surrounding and Hiding the Non Decorative Molded Base – completing the Deluxe Version of this Ficus Tree - Enjoy.
If you were to pick artificial plants, the first thing that you would want to notice would probably be how stable it is on its feet (or planter!) and how thick the leaves are. Of course, you will pay attention to whether it is a good copy of the original, but whether it actually is a good replica will depend much on how strongly it is built and how the material for construction is. Considering these two aspects, this Ficus silk plant is quite a winner as it has both benefits!
Over a thousand lifelike leaves adorn the sturdy stem of this plant. By the way, did we tell you that this plant is made using real trunks? On the base of the tree, you also get additional grasses to make sure that the touch of realistic ficus is still there. And what’s more, it comes with a biodegradable pot skirt, and hence you’re not only buying a beautiful item but an environment-friendly one.
- Stylish and biodegradable plant pot skirt.
- Bigger and heavier pot base ensuring durability.
- Over a thousand leaves of various shapes and sizes.
- Needs fluffing out to make the fuller look.
Nearly Natural Golden Cane Palm Silk Tree
- One of the finest silk palm trees we offer, this six and a half foot Golden Kane Palm tree will have you feeling like you are always on vacation. Standing a full 78” high, the multiple trunks sport 333 palm leaves, just waiting to dance in the warm tropical breezes. Perfect for any room or office décor, this majestic palm tree will create a sunny atmosphere wherever you place it.
- This item arrives in two pieces. Please insert the top piece of the tree into the stem/base of the tree for full height.
- Overall Product Dimensions: 45 In. W x 40 In. D x 78 In. H; Planter/Vase Dimensions: W: 10 in,H: 8.5 in. Measurements are from the bottom of the planter/vase to the furthest extended flower or leaf on the arrangement. Width dimensions are also calculated from each furthest outstretched dimension.
- No Maintenance Required; No Watering. Looks full and fresh every day; wipe clean with a soft dry cloth.
- Sitting just over six feet tall, this silk palm adds beauty to any room or office decor. This majestic palm is adorned with over 300 palm leaves.
One of the major things that add to its beauty is how good of a copy this is. Nearly Natural holds up to its name by giving the Golden Cane palm silk tree a beautiful artificial rendition. It does not require any sort of assembly, so you can have this ordered at home and delivered just to place it in your living room and enjoy how good it looks there!
It measures a giant six and a half feet, so it will look better in the corners of your living room than in the center. However, if you want, you can make a rounded-up collection of palm trees in the center of your room; you can easily do that if you buy a bunch of these good-looking plants.
There are almost 333 palm leaves in each tree, so that will be quite a lush and full arrangement. Without any sort of watering or maintenance, this may be one of your best artificial purchases that make your home beautiful!
- Can be used indoors or in covered porch areas.
- Built copying live plants.
- Excellent details on stems and leaves.
- Packaging needs to improve.
Garden Couture Deluxe Golden Cane Palm Silk Artificial Tree
- MORE IN EVERY ASPECT: THIS DELUXE 78 Inch GOLDEN CANE PALM Artificial Tree Has More Silk Leaves, and a Bigger and Heavier Pot Base for More Stability - The Tree reaches 78' from the ground to the top Palm frond - you can bend each branch to the shape you desire which may reduce the overall height. Bonus Tip - If you'd like 3" more height you can place the Tree on top of a house brick which will lift the height 3", the POT PANT is Tall enough to hide the plain nursery base.
- WIDER TALLER AND HEAVIER: And that’s just the Base we’re talking about! This Item Arrives in TWO Pieces. Refer to Photos - Insert the Top Piece of the Tree into the Open Trunk of the Tree to Achieve the Full Height and Complete the Tree. The 8 inch Base is 45% Wider and 50% Heavier to Make it More Stable. This Artificial Fake Ficus Tree Weighs 20.5 lbs Enabling it to Stand on its Own. LIFE LIKE LEAVES: There are 80 More Life Like Cane Palm Silk Leaves totaling 890.
- HOME AND OFFICE: It Requires No Maintenance and is Perfect For Your Home or Office With No Limit To Improving Your Overall Décor. Also Perfect For All Events either Indoor or Outdoor.
- BEAUTIFUL FINISH: A Combination of Premium Fiddle Leaf Leaves and Tropical Grasses have Been Included in The Base Of The Tree. A BONUS Plant Pot Skirt is not only Beautiful, it's Bio Degradable. The 12 inch Wide and Tall 600 GSM Origami Styled Plant Pot Surround is like Fashion for Your Plant Pot will complete the Deluxe look in your Home or Office.
- DELUXE WITH NO MAINTENANCE: This Artificial GOLDEN CANE PALM Tree is a Beautiful Imitation of the Real Thing and Requires NO Maintenance. A Deluxe Addition to your Home Décor the Indoor Silk Leaf Tree is 78 Inches Tall including a base filled with Premium Fiddle Leaf Leaves and Tropical Grasses with a Plant Pot Skirt Surrounding and Hiding the Non Decorative Molded Base – completing the Deluxe Version of the GOLDEN CANE PALM Tree - Enjoy.
There is something about using real trunks in artificial trees that makes us absolutely adore how they appear. Just imagine if an artificial plant is a great replica with all its leaves and buds and all, and you take a look at a stem; that is where the sorcery is caught out red-handed! But if the stem is real, there is no way anyone could tell a fake plant from a real plant from a distance! Not unless they touch the leaves.
This Golden Cane palm is that artificial beauty that has a real stem. In fact, near the base of the plant, there are added grasses and pebbles to make the plant appear way more natural than it really is. So you don’t have to buy these extra accessories.
And it is not just the stems and leaves that have good construction; even the pot skirt is made stylish and eco-friendly and able to lift up the vibe of any living room!
- Comes with tropical grasses at the base.
- Premium material leaf construction with a real stem.
- Stable and strong base.
- Leaves crease if it doesn’t come in proper packaging.
Garden Couture Deluxe Fiddle Leaf Fig Artificial Tree
A fiddle leaf fig tree is a charmer. Why? Because there is nothing it can’t do to impress guests and to elevate the look of a room! It has the perfect not too compact, not too tall height and has beautifully waved and color-variegated leaves that make this the pleasant beauty that it is.
Even this one from Garden Couture can almost hold up to the natural one. Almost because, after all, you need to keep in mind that is fake! But it looks extremely real from the premium construction.
You also get the signature tropical grass base that you have seen in all the Garden Couture plants so far. This is something that not only makes their plants unique but also prevents you from buying extra items to make them look more natural.
- Comes with 45 big and small premium leaves.
- Can be used for dual purpose indoors or outdoors.
- Origami styled stylishe planter that is also a strong base.
- Maybe a little short of placing it in the corners of rooms.
Fopamtri Artificial Areca Palm Plant
Made with the dual action of metal and polyester, this artificial Areca palm is actually very elegant. When you think of metals, you think solid and sturdy; and polyester gives you the idea of multifunctionality. So when you come to the construction of this palm tree, you have the combined strength from using metal wires in the stem and polyester leaf construction. Both of these create this decorative Palm tree, which is suitable for any living room or for your office space.
It can bring the taste of the tropical feels to your home without needing the sunny and breezy tropics! Just place it in the corner of your room with other palm tree sets, and you will have a vacation-ready, clean, sharp, and green corner! It is both realistic and pretty, and the branches need fluffing out before you enjoy the beauty.
- Look great and full.
- Sturdy and well-made.
- Excellent construction of leaves and stems.
- The planter needs to be changed as it is very dull.
Creating the perfect home decor with fake plants
You’re getting the best faux tree for the living room, but you are struggling with creating the perfect home decor. What is the point of purchase if you can’t make the plants look good? Well, you can always improvise. But what you also can do is follow our guidelines listed below:
While decorating the living rooms, one of the areas that go unattended is the corners. We are paying the most attention to making our living rooms comfortable, and what has corners to do with creating comfort? So this place goes forgotten. However, if you take the advice and get some tall standing artificial plants to place in the corners, it can light up the dull and bland spaces.
The touch of green can be the additional source of the extravaganza that your room was missing. And hence, keeping artificial plants in the corner of your rooms is always a good decor idea!
So you do not have a central table to place your artificial plants in. What do you do? You can still arrange them in the central area of your room. It can go one of two ways. You can either get a bunch of artificial shrubs and bushes or topiary balls to arrange them in circles and place them in the center of your room. Or, if you have larger artificial plants and especially palm trees, whether areca palm or golden palm, you can arrange them at the center of your room, and it will look just perfect.
Although this works for smaller-sized plants only, arranging artificial plants on the tabletop has been an age-old decor idea that always holds its ground with dignity. If you have the smaller versions of the plants or them in bonsai form, you can always go for tabletop or fireplace decor arrangement.
By the window
You have to be a little careful here in placing your artificial plants beside the window. For one thing, you have to make sure that the construction is premium. Again, you have to keep in mind that no sunlight comes from the window directly on the plants, or even if it does, the plant should have UV protection. Only when you are sure that the plant looks natural under the sunlight you can place them beside windows. Another thing you have to keep in mind is to place them in beautiful urns and large vases (for medium-sized plants) to elevate the overall look.
Picking the better option; Fake plants or Real plants? 270
Let’s take a look at which of the fake or real plants are better for your home decor:
- Needs no watering or weeding out.
- Little to no maintenance except cleaning is required.
- Cleaning can be done only with a damp cloth and is very less frequent than real plants.
- Can be bent or shaped as liked without needing to trim them.
- Assembly is easy and does not make the house messy with mud and dirt.
- Some of them come pre-potted with artificial grasses and pebbles so no need to buy extra accessories.
- Pet-safe and kid-safe.
- May be poorly made.
- Can come in disrupted condition and poor packaging, causing you to get hurt while assembly.
- Leaves or stems, if made of cheap material, will look extremely tacky.
- Natural source of oxygen for the house.
- God-made, so no room for being imperfect. Perfect in shape, size, and color.
- Real and hence look extremely natural and breezy in home settings.
- Show a sign of sophistication and a real taste of owners who can keep well-kept natural plants.
- Great if you have nosy neighbors who like to touch plants to see if they are real.
- Attract dust, dirt, and sometimes insects easily.
- Need proper cleaning to make a healthy look.
- Should be trimmed frequently to keep the perfect shape.
- If the plants outgrow the vase or urn or planter, these need to be changed.
- Making extra purchases for pebbles, stones, etc, to decorate the pot skirt.
- Very easy to kill out of ignorance.
Although there is no comparison of fake plants to God’s gift of natural plants, for home decor, artificial plants require much less maintenance. So if you really think you can’t invest the time and effort that a natural tree requires, you should get fake ones for your living room.
Buying guide on the best artificial trees for living room
Here’s our guide on the best fake plants for your room:
You can’t get any plant for your room, whether it is a live/real plant or a fake one, without considering the size of the room first. If you have a small room, any large-sized and wide plant will look intimidating and suffocating. But if the plant is heightwise tall and sleek, the room will look better. Again, if you have a large living room, getting tiny shrubs will not make much of an impact when you decorate the rooms with these. Instead, palms and fig trees will look much better in larger living rooms.
You will not only pay attention to the size of the room but also to the size of the space where you will be placing the artificial plant, and make sure that you’re always leaving extra spaces around.
The type of plant that you want to buy will be a game-changer for any room that you want to place it in. So think it through when you are deciding on the type of plants. If you are planning to make a purchase of artificial plants for all rooms, do you think it will be better for you to concentrate on palm trees only? You could play with the types and switch, mix and match with succulents, figs, monsteras, florals, and even plants like aloe or herbaceous ones. Of course, palm trees are versatile. But make sure the trees you’re getting are not all the same and robotic. Rather, they should have changed and fit the mood of the respective rooms.
Here is a great dilemma for the ones that have previously decorated houses with fae plants. Do you know what is very disturbing? Having a regular pot with your beautiful plant drags down its beauty to some extent. And almost everyone will comment on how you could get something better for this plant. Again when you do get a pretty-looking planter, it may take the attention away from the plant, and people will ask you where you got the beautiful urn from. So the trick to the trick is sticking to sleek pieces that aren’t very flashy and tie well with the look of the rest of the room without drawing much attention to itself.
You should also be attentive to the leaves and stems, not having fake droplets or extra things happening on them, and they should be as natural as possible compared to the real ones.
Shall I decorate my house with fake plants?
Yes! If you are someone who regularly is responsible and guilty of killing plants, you should definitely buy artificial plants and decorate your house with them.
Are fake plants supposed to be toxic?
Some fake plants are made of toxic material, which is swallowed or gotten inside the body may be toxic. You can make sure from the manufacturer if your plant is made of such material before buying.
Which plants are not suitable for my home?
Anything that is not biodegradable, pet-safe, or kid-safe and is made of toxic construction or comes in poor packaging that may cause injury while assembling is not suitable for your home.
Which plants are good to keep in the bedroom?
You can place artificial palms, aloe, fig, philodendron in your bedroom.